For all the usefulness of essential oils there are a number of contraindications in their use, which should be followed to avoid damage to their own health.
1. It is impossible to independently use essential oils during pregnancy.Some experts do not recommend practicing aromatherapy in this state.Especially dangerous in this case hyssop oil, cypress, coriander, cinnamon, lavender, marjoram, lemon balm, juniper, mint, parsley seed, wormwood, mugwort, chamomile, rue, thyme, arborvitae, fennel and sage.
2. Do not use your own aromatherapy as a method of treatment, when expressed health problems.Many essential oils have an effect on the hormonal system that when used under medical supervision can solve many health problems.But an independent application, especially for children, is not recommended.
Persons suffering from heart disease, you should consult your doctor about the use of essential oils.
Persons who have had a myocardial infarction and angina pectoris, you can not use essential oils of pine
In severe hypertensive disease (high blood pressure) is not recommended to independently apply the essential oils of basil, juniper, mint.
People with low blood pressure are not recommended essential oils of ylang-ylang, lemon, lemon balm and tea tree.
Severe kidney disease: nephrosis, nephrosonephritis complicated pyelonephritis, is a contraindication to the use of essential oils of juniper, thyme and pine.
with epilepsy or seizure of alertness can not use essential oils of basil, rosemary, thyme and sage.
can not sunbathe after supplementation with orange, bergamot and lemon essential oils.
3. Children curative and preventive measures aromatherapy may appoint a doctor.Children under 6 years of age can not use peppermint oil as it strongly affects the child's skin and causes insomnia.It should be used with caution in this oil with allergic hay fever and passing the course of homeopathic treatment.
4. Until full sexual maturation of children is not recommended to use a separate essential oils from plants such as anise, geranium, marjoram, jasmine, ylang-ylang (Kananga fragrant), hyssop, cardamom, cypress, cinnamon, lemon balm, juniper, mint,neroli, rose, sandalwood, thyme, sage officinalis, as well as resins frankincense and myrrh.
5. Do not use regularly and for a long time, the essential oils of geranium and anise.With increased blood clotting, thrombophlebitis contraindicated essential oil of basil, cypress.
6. Excessive use of Sandalwood essential oil may appear sensation of heat in the epigastric sensation of thirst, and sometimes nausea.
7. Upon receipt of iodine and iron preparations should not be used lavender essential oil.Essential oils containing coumarin and furokumariny, increase the skin's sensitivity to sunlight and ionizing radiation, which can cause burns, photodermatitis and phototoxic reactions, so the essential oils of orange, marigold, bergamot, grapefruit, angelica, St. John's wort, lavender, lime (limetta)lemon, mandarin should be applied to the skin at least 3 hours before sun exposure.
8. With increased excitability of the nervous system are not recommended essential oils of clove and sage.
9. Essential oils of fennel, dill, coriander, cumin, anise in its pure form can irritate the skin, so their use is recommended only for a massage in a mixture with other essential oils or vegetable oil.
10. You can not on their own, without consulting a doctor to use essential oils strong action: anise, bay leaf, clove leaf, ylang-ylang oil, ginger, issopovoe, camphor, cardamom, cedar, cinnamon bark kovshikovoy lavender, lemongrass, pepper, tansy, pimentovoe, wormwood, rue, thyme, caraway, Tuev, tysyachelistnikovoe, fennel, chaberovoe, tea tree, sage (salvia officinalis), eucalyptus, bay, wormwood Taurian, Cossack juniper, arborvitae.
All of these warnings are related to the presence of the listed essential oils to the high content of ketones and phenols.The uncontrolled use of these essential oils in the wrong doses can cause side effects: neurotoxicity (a negative effect on the nervous system), embryotropic effect (dangerous during pregnancy), hepatotropic effects (liver dysfunction).
11. All essential oils before applying to the skin or inhalation should be tested on individual sensitivity.Especially recommended to epicutaneous test essential oils of clove leaf, oregano, cinnamon bark and leaves of the tree and citronella, savory, thyme (thyme), as they can cause irritation.
12. Sometimes there is an individual intolerance of any odor.In this case it is necessary to renounce the use of oil that does not suit you.For the test, dilute 1 ml of fatty oils (corn oil, olive oil, etc.). 1 drop of essential oil.Put on the wrist area 1-2 drops of the mixture, rub lightly and observe the condition of the skin during the day.If there is no redness, itching, swelling, it is possible to safely use the essential oil present in such a concentration.
13. A prerequisite for the use of essential oils is the individual olfactory assessment: the smell should be pleasant without causing irritation of the mucous membranes of the nose and respiratory tract.For testing apply 1 drop of essential oil or a composition (mixture) of the essential oils on the paper sheet, and repeatedly inhale the fragrance.Evaluate your condition within 10-20 minutes.If all is well - you can try.Just be careful and cautious.
If you follow all the rules for the use of essential oils, the aromatherapy will bring invaluable benefits of your beauty and health!