All people make mistakes.But sometimes they are so self-confidently assure others ... In short, it would be better they did not.We offer you a list of incorrect assumptions and statements with respect to inventions and the future!
Television and Radio
- "In the radio has no future."- Lord Kelvin, English physicist and mathematician.
- ". While technically television may be theoretically feasible task, but I am sure that it can simply not enough finance This invention, by which we must not waste time.".- Lee DeForest, American radio pioneer in 1926
- "This 'telephone' has too many shortcomings to be regarded as a practical means of communication The device is not of any value to us.".- "Western Union" employee Note 1878
- "Experts believe that transmit voice over wires is impossible, and even if this is so, then it is of no benefit."- An article in the "Boston Post" magazine 1865
- "... no possible combination of known substances, known types of mechanical engi
- "Flying machines heavier than air is impossible."- Lord Kelvin, English physicist and mathematician.
- "Airplanes - interesting toys, but they can not be used for weapons."- Marshal Ferdinand Foch, French military strategist and commander in the First World War
- "Traveling by train at high speed is not possible because passengers will die from not being able to breathe."- Dr. Dionaysis Lardner (1793-1859), professor of philosophy and astronomy.
- "In the future, computers will weigh no more than 1.5 tons."- The magazine "Popular Mechanics", 1949
- "the Internet will cease to exist in 1996."- Robert Metcalf, the inventor of the Internet.
- "We have achieved all that is possible in the development of the computer."- John von Neumann 1949
- "Put the person in a multi-layered missile and send it to the moon, where passengers will be able to conduct scientific research when they land alive, and maybe even go back to Earth - it looks likea dream worthy of Jules Verne. I am even willing to say that this journey will never happen, despite the development of technology. "- Lee DeForest, American radio pervoprohodchik 1926
- "Theory of Louis Pasteur about germs - absurd!"- Pierre Pasche, professor of physiology 1872
- "We have more and more evidence that cigarette smoking benefit."- President of the "Philip Morris" company 1962
- "Your cigarettes will never be popular!"- FGAlton, cigarette maker, the young businessman D. player, founder of the "Imperial Tobacco" 1870.
- "There is not the slightest indication that nuclear energy will ever be able to produce."- Albert Einstein, 1932
- "All waste that produces a station for a year, it will be possible to store under your desk!"- Ronald Reagan, 1980
- "X-ray beams - a lie!"- Lord Kelvin, English physicist and mathematician.
- "Auto - too overpriced weapons at two battalion -. More than enough."- General Douglas Haig 1915
- "I'm tired of science in recent years we have invested millions there, and it's time to stop doing science.".- Simon Cameron, a US senator from Pensilvanii, 1861.