need for plants in water is determined by the condition of the plant and the external environment, as well as the specific features;the structure of above-ground organs, the capacity of the root system, the structure of above-ground organs, the capacity of the root system.
For example, plants with succulent, fleshy leaves (such as agave, aloe and so on. N.) Require less water than plants with large leaves, which sometimes require watering twice a day.
For bulbous plants harmful excess moisture.It is best to water them by directing a jet of water is not in the flesh, but closer to the walls of the pot or watering from the pallet.
Less should be watered:
- plants that are in a period of rest,
- plants with few leaves,
- plants with succulent, fleshy leaves,
- plants with small root system, especially if the roots are damaged by pests,disease or as a result of improper care,
- plants in non-porous dish (plastic, metal, IT n.),
- the plants are in a cool or humid environment,
- if in a pot no drainage holes,
-if the summer is rainy weather.
Earth potted indoor plants should be in moderately moist.We can not allow abrupt transitions from a lack of moisture in its excess.This means that the water should be regular and uniform.
In summer and winter the humidity in our homes can be reduced by more than 50%.And it is poorly tolerated by the majority of plants.To help them move heavy period, you need to spray the leaves of plants in the morning so that the leaves dry out in the evening.And open flowers should be protected from ingress of water, so as not to damage them.
can put pots filled with water on the pebbles or expanded clay, filling the wide trays.Increase the humidity, if in the winter set in the battery banks with water, hang wet towels.
but humidity should be directly proportional to temperature - the higher the temperature, the higher the humidity.If the room temperature is reduced, and the required level of moisture reduction.
We must also take into account a number of factors to determine whether to be more or less watering.However, any violation of the irrigation water quality, its temperature, will inevitably affect the plant.Particularly sensitive plant can be lost, for example, by irrigating with cold water.
There are many subtleties of good and proper watering houseplants.Tips experienced florist will help you avoid making mistakes on the flower garden for your home care.
- If the land is in the pot is too dry, lower the pot completely for some time (5-10 minutes) in warm water (25-30 ° C), then give water to drain to pan and drain it.
- for watering plants marsh (Calla or tsiperus) flower pot should be put in a pan with water, and to the same place a water bottle turned upside down.The edge of the bottle neck, set near the water surface.Overturn the bottle all the time keeps the water in the pan at the same level.
- Water left over from cooking potatoes contains starch, promotes plant growth.However, plants can be watered by it only in the case if no water is salted!
- Settled mineral water (ie water without gas) acts on house plants as fertilizer.
- It is advisable to water the plants in the morning to the evening the water is completely absorbed.
- most tender parts of the plant - the flowers, and they should never be soaked when watering.
- If you use cold water to avoid damage to the plant and shock, do not spill water on the leaves.
- Water with a high content of lime (hard) can be cleaned using the appropriate equipment or systems, filters.
- If you fall off the plant buds, increase air humidity, water the plants more often, put it in a bright place.You may have moved the plant or it settled pests.
- abundant irrigation is required by most tropical plants with thin delicate leaves (allokaziya, begonias, Fitton, heliotrope), as well as some plants with leathery leaves (lemon, Ficus, oleander, the ivy).
- If the plant does not tolerate water stagnation at the roots or not tolerate excess soil moisture, then take care of good drainage and after irrigation drain water from the tray or plates on which the pot.
- When a fairly constant temperatures after drinking is held in a certain mode
a day in spring, every day - a day in summer, two days in autumn, once a week in winter.