Viscose, with which we are familiar today, was invented in 1884 by French scientist Gilerom de Chardonnay.Previous attempts by other researchers have failed.Most popular viscose material purchased 150 years later, in the twentieth century.Companies began to massively produce clothing, underwear of a universal and varied viscose.This is the only man-made fiber of natural origin.How can this be?Let's face it.
Description and characteristics of viscose fabric
What is Viscose is synthetic or natural fabric?The answer is simple - it is an artificial material.It is produced on the basis of natural cellulose (wood).Sawdust various tree species is converted to a thick liquid, which is called cellulose xanthate.Twenty-four hours under high pressure cooking timber passes into calcium sulfite solution.From the resulting mass by punching formed thread.Interestingly, if the same weight to push through the finer holes, you get a well-known plastic film.
If we consider the synthetic fiber
Features and benefits
Properties viscose fabric very similar to natural, in particular cotton.Soft to the touch, a nice touch to the skin material that looks perfect in products and has a number of other advantages.For example:
- anti-allergenic.The material does not cause skin irritation, even in people who are prone to dermatological problems.
- breathability.Like cotton, rayon - breathable material, the body does not receive a "sauna effect".
- Hygroscopicity.The material has a high ability to absorb moisture.This rate twice higher than that of cotton.
- antistatic.Fabric is not able to accumulate static electricity, no sparks under friction.
- Thermoregulation.Viscose things warm in the winter and in the summer is not hot in them.
- Resistant staining.A variety of colors for dyeing viscose perceived well.The material does not fade, it maintains the brightness of colors for a long time.
- The wash cloth has established itself as "excellent".Fast drying.
- Tencel (lyocell).This is obtained by viscose eucalyptus wood.The characteristics of a material similar to cotton, soft, pleasant, silky to the touch.Well it absorbs moisture, has high strength.It is easy to crumple.It is used for sewing of bed linen, clothing, textiles for the home.
- Modal.The quality corresponds to cotton, but it has a higher hygroscopicity and a half times.It has high wear resistance.In combination with cotton, modal used for tailoring of bed textiles.
- acetate.Used for the production of cellulose waste - acetyl celluloses.Cloth out thin, with a slight sheen, looks like silk.Resistant to deformation, can not tolerate high temperatures, dissolved under the influence of acetone.Acetate is commonly used as a backing fabric.
- Cupra.The most expensive and high-quality form of viscose.It is made on the basis of cotton cellulose.Material in appearance and quality indicators similar to silk.It has a high breathability, regulators, strength.It requires delicate care.Cupra fabric used for sewing evening and festive outfits.
Frequently Asked Questions
When buying finished products or viscose fabrics for tailoring often have questions about the application: how will behave acquired thing in the process of socks, during and after washing.According to its characteristics all kinds of viscose material similar to each other.Let's look at the most exciting moments on the tissue, based on the responses of people using viscose products.
Viscose - stretches or not?
Unfortunately, viscose fabric in its purest form is a stretch.Due to this drawback clothing may lose shape, deform.To avoid this, the buyer was not disappointed, in the manufacture of viscose fabric is sometimes added to the elastane or lycra, depending on the intended sew products.The content of spandex in the fabric enhances the durability of things and is not exposed to excessive stretching, which is characteristic for the stretch.
How to care for fabric
- Wash only in a delicate operation.It allowed as hand and machine.
- Use a mild detergent, gel better, without phosphates.
- Wash in water with a temperature not exceeding 40 degrees.
- Due to the fact that the viscose wet strength deteriorates, and hard spin twisting is not recommended.
- Dry far from heaters, better horizontally.
- iron from the inside to the "silk" mode, do not use steaming.
Photo: looks like viscose fabric
To buy high-quality fabric, you need to know how it looks.A selection of photos below will help you understand the differences between different types of viscose by their appearance.Products based use this versatile fabric, look quality, exquisitely beautiful.Having acquired knowledge, you will be able to easily distinguish from other viscose fabrics.
Video: What is viscose and what it is made
Sometimes, to understand some issue, simply watch a video.If you prefer to receive information in a format to find out about the details of the production of viscose material, watch the video below.After reviewing the entire process of creating things out of this fabric, you will never confuse it with others.See how prepared viscose - a modern material that meets the high requirements of hypoallergenic, water absorption, breathability, and beautiful appearance.