hummus in Russia is still considered an exotic dish, although in some Eastern countries, it is one of the most popular and familiar snacks.In Turkey, Lebanon, Israel, Syria's hummus served as a sauce with pita bread or pita bread, in other countries eat it with bread or chips.This snack has gained great popularity among vegetarians, because it is highly nutritious and contains high amounts of gluten.
What is hummus and how it is useful?
Hummus - traditional snack in the Middle East, which is prepared with the help of chickpeas (pea cultivar) and Tahini (sesame paste).The sauce has a very soft, plastic consistency.Often, by adding different spices, it has a spicy, sweet taste.From the usual mashed chickpeas dish distinguishes the aforementioned Tahini and a special blend of spices.Consider what the benefits and harms of hummus:
- Benefits sauce is in its composition - it contains no cholesterol drops.The composition includes pea huge amounts of vitamins, unsaturated fatty acids and fiber.Pasta is very nutritious, it is classified as absolutely healthy food.Vegetarians can eat hummus because it is filled with a large amount of iron and protein, which helps to maintain a balance of essential trace elements in the body.Chickpea flour, with regular consumption, reduces the likelihood of developing colon cancer and diabetes.
- There are some contraindications to the use of sauce.People who are on a diet and wishing to lose weight, do not abuse the dish, because its immense consumption is not rarely leads to disruption of metabolic processes.In some people this provokes flatulence food, others did there idiosyncrasy hummus components.
What makes hummus - the composition of dishes
Among the traditional ingredients of hummus are chickpeas, lemon juice, Tahini, black pepper, olive oil and garlic.However, in some countries where the hummus is considered the national dish, olive oil is not considered essential ingredient.This option is like the cooking is not all, because if you do not add oil to the paste in order to achieve the right consistency, it is necessary to increase the number of Tahini, which jeopardizes food edibility.
Some recipes advise to leave a small amount of water in which the cooked peas, then you'll have to do a delicate hummus, but it will not be oily, but rather - watery.Palestinian and Israeli hostess recommend still use olive oil, and add it to the dish a lot, not sparing - about half a glass of the finished pots of hummus.
Recipes hummus at home with photo
Hummus may serve as an independent snack with crackers, bread or vegetables, cut into thin strips.It is often served in the form of a wholesome supplement to light vegetable salad.How to make hummus at home?To do this, use canned or frozen foods, pasta but the taste will be better if it cook using fresh ingredients.
classic recipe of hummus of chickpeas
In 500 g of finished humus, you will need:
- 5 tablespoons tahini.
- cup dry chickpeas.
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Juice of 1/2 lemon.
- Spices (cumin, coriander, cumin, chilli, asafoetida), salt.
How to make hummus at home:
- At night, soak peas in 2 liters of water, adding a teaspoon of baking soda (it is necessary to bring the components that trigger flatulence).During this time, peas swell should be increased approximately twofold.
- Rinse under running water, chickpeas, for the convenience of using a colander.
- Place the pot on the fire with peas, its bay 2 liters of water and leave to simmer.An alternative way - boiled chickpeas in multivarka.Separately
- Boil 2 liters of water since liquid in which boils peas need to be drained.After boiling, change broth to clean water.
- Cook until chickpeas, peas when the shell starts to climb round.It takes 30 to 90 minutes, depending on the selected krupy.Kogda chick is ready, pour the liquid into a separate bowl, it is useful to you later.Give peas time to cool down and get to cooking pasta.
- Place in blender all the above ingredients and add half a cup of the remaining broth.Turn on the device, wait until the dish will get a smooth consistency similar to thick cream.If you get a very thick paste, pour a little liquid, then stir again dish with a blender.
- Put this sauce in the refrigerator for at least an hour to let it brew.After that hummus is ready for use.It is stored in the refrigerator up to five days.
made from peas and sesame flour
This nutritious and tasty dish is hummus may be prepared using pea and sesame flour.Easy recipe - it's not the only advantage of this preparation variation.Lovely snacks taste is considered the main charm of hummus.Not only did he quickly satisfies hunger, but also brings benefits to the body.If you have not decided how to make hummus, we recommend you use the following recipe.
- cup sesame flour.
- 1,5 cups of chickpeas.
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice.
- olive oil.
- 3-4 cloves of garlic.
- salt, chili powder and other spices to taste.
- Soak the chickpeas overnight in water.
- morning, change the water, add salt and put the chickpeas to cook on low heat until it soften.It will take a couple of hours.
- Drain the broth peas and mash to puree.
- Peel garlic chives and pass them through the press.
- Sesame seeds is crushed using a coffee grinder or blender.The resulting powder is mixed thoroughly with pea puree, where the pre-add salt and pepper.
- Add the hummus lemon juice and olive oil, stir again.After that, a good beat and a lot of the dish is ready.
How to cook hummus beans with lemon juice
You will need:
- Bank of canned black bean.
- Garlic (1 clove).
- Lemon juice - 2 tablespoons.
- salt, cumin, tahini, paprika and red pepper.
- olives and cashew nuts (optional).
- Using a food processor to Peremel garlic pulp consistency.
- Add a cup of beans and a couple of tablespoons of the marinade remaining in the bank, a pinch of salt, and a teaspoon of these spices, except red pepper (1/8 spoon).All interpret until smooth.
- Hummus place on a dish, garnish with olives, nuts and paprika.
Recipe for Lentil
cooking hummus with lentils and beetroot requires considerable preparation time.For example, chickpeas must be soaked for 10-12 hours, and beets, boil or bake.But the result is worth the effort.Hummus with lentils has a delicate, nutty taste and beets gives the dish flavor.The cooking process takes about 30 minutes.
- cup red lentils.
- cup chickpeas.
- couple of cloves of garlic.
- 2 beet.
- 2-3 tbsptahini.
- 1 tbspsesame.
- Black pepper, paprika, cumin, sesame oil.
How to make hummus with lentils and beets:
- Thoroughly wash the beets, rub it with olive oil and wrap with foil.Heat the oven to 180 degrees, place the beets on a baking sheet and bake until soft (about an hour).Remove the beets, allow it to cool.
- Pre-soaked peas overnight, rinse under running water.Cook the chickpeas in salted water, and for 10 minutes until cooked in a pan, add the lentils.The liquid drain in a separate bowl, it will come in handy later on.
- Preheat a frying pan, add a little oil and fry until golden brown the garlic passed through the press.
- With blender Peremel peas, beets, lentils, and tahini.Add to the mixture of spices and mix again.If the hummus is too thick consistency, add the broth, which remained after cooking peas and once again beat the ground.
- Put the dish in a deep bowl, spoon make pasta in the center of the recess where, pour olive oil (or tangerine sauce), lightly sprinkle with hummus with sesame oil, sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve with bread roll, carrot sticks or a heated pita.
How and what to eat Jewish dish hummus
traditional hummus served with pita bread.The finished dish is laid out on a dish and decorated with nuts, herbs, lemon slices, olives.Often used as hummus Spreads for bread, while the decoration is avocado.Jewish sauce is served as a cold or hot, but must complement the dish is fresh pita or pita bread, but with fresh bread or crackers, hummus is also very tasty.
Calorie and nutritional value of meals
hummus is recommended to start eating because it is possible to easily prevent overeating.Due to the large amount of fiber contained in Nute, a person a feeling of fullness occurs quickly.For those who are dieting, the best option will be the preparation of hummus without tahini - so pasta is a low-calorie, without losing their valuable properties.Energy value of food is:
- Fats - 19.7 g
- Proteins - 9.6 g Carbohydrates
- - 21 of
Video: cooking hummus of chickpeas at home
Eastern dish was verypopular in many countries around the world.There are many variations of cooking, however, remain optional ingredients: tahini, chickpeas (chickpeas), lemon juice, garlic, olive oil.Pasta perfectly with bread, raw vegetables, chips, crackers, mushrooms and meat.Which option snacks you would not have chosen this unusual delicacy certainly it wins your heart.With video you will learn how not difficult to cook chickpeas pasta at home.