the human body every day is necessary to use a substance that govern its operation.They help all systems properly perform its functions.Vitamins and trace elements enter the human body through food, so the correct balanced diet - an important part of a healthy lifestyle.Especially noticeable for people in the body lack of iron, necessary for normal metabolism.That it did not happen every day, eat foods containing iron.Learn more about why you need this material body and what foods contain it, read below.
Why the body iron
Iron - an element that plays an important role in the metabolism of human substances.Once in the stomach with the iron-containing products, trace element is absorbed mostly in the upper intestinal section.When the iron gets into the blood, it helps the formation of hemoglobin.This particular protein that carries oxygen to the organ tissue.Lack of iron-containing foods in the diet can cause a lack of hemoglobin, because of what people will experience unpleasant symptoms.There are
- heme.The substance of animal origin.It has a high digestibility (35%), largely takes part in the production of hemoglobin.
- non-heme.Vegetable matter.It has relatively low digestibility (20%), but is better suited for the diet.
daily iron requirement for adults and children
Without daily consumption of iron man begins to feel bad, can develop the disease, provoking failures in the cardiac system, gastrointestinal tract.Lack of it leads to violations of the thyroid gland, which produces hormones that can occur strong uncontrollable weight gain.Under normal conditions the person has in the body 3-4 milligrams of iron, but every day is naturally lost about 1 milligram.The reasons for this:
- Desquamation of the skin and sweating.
- Monthly women.
- during pregnancy leaves a large amount of iron to form the body of the child (for example, red blood cells) in the building material of the placenta.
- Heredity (if lost large amounts of iron).
Iron products are especially needed in anemia, which is characterized by lack of hemoglobin and provokes feeling unwell person.To prevent its development, an adult male should eat about 8 milligrams per day for women - 18-20.Recommended for children up to 13 years - 7-10 mg, teenagers - 11 milligrams of the boys and 15 girls.Pregnant desirable to use at least 27 milligrams per day, required for normal fetal development.
Species-rich foods on iron
Iron is found in many foods and in many ways assimilated depending on the type.In some of its components plant is greater than, for example, in meats, but because of the inferior digestibility required to eat them in much larger quantities than the same animal food to replenish the body's iron stores.List of products, iron products:
- Dried fruits: figs, apricots, raisins, plums.In half a glass of single fruit or a mixture thereof may be up to 1.6 milligrams of iron.
- Fish and seafood.Most of the iron contained in shellfish (100 grams - almost thirty milligrams), followed oysters (9.2 to 100 grams), mussels (7 per 100 grams), sardines, anchovies (at 2.9 milligrams element 100 grams of each product).
- meat.This product, as a rule, do not diet, so doctors do not recommend it as the main focus of the courses to make up for iron stores.Many substances found in liver, beef, mutton, chicken meat.In order not to harm the body, preferably every day, there is not too much animal food.
- wholemeal bread.It still contains nutrients such as copper, cobalt.
- Cereals with cereals.Buckwheat, oats, rice.
- white and dark meat poultry (turkey, chicken).
- Bean.The dietary product that is ideal for the daily diet of pregnant women.This chick peas, green peas, pinto beans, kidney beans, lima beans, red kidney beans, lentils.
- sheet type Vegetables.Non-nutritive foods rich in not only hardware, but also other beneficial trace elements - zinc, magnesium, calcium, phosphorus.
- Nuts: almonds, cashews, pistachios, walnuts.
Table foods high in iron
There are several myths that relate to iron products: for example, it is believed that a large amount of this substance is in the apples, but it is not.Apples are indeed composed of iron, but not significantly so.The same applies to the pomegranate.To find out what foods actually contain the substance, refer to the table on the photo:
As seen in the table, the obvious leader on the content of iron - a liver.However, this product should consume with caution, especially pregnant women.Indeed, in hepatic meat contains a lot of vitamin A that can adversely affect the proper development of the fetus.In addition, many products are a part of this substance, there are several ways to better absorb it.This is important for vegetarians who do not get the daily norm of iron from plant foods.2 times better to help iron absorption products with vitamin C:
- lemon, orange, tomato, grapefruit juice.
- Cabbage pickle.
- strawberries, sea buckthorn.
beneficial effects on the way to absorb iron, any foods rich in B vitamins, folic acid and niacin.This also helps minerals - copper, manganese, cobalt.For an item to actively fed the blood and helped the formation of hemoglobin, both eat foods rich in these substances.Which foods contain minerals, look at the photo below:
addition to the products with which it is desirable to combine the iron, there is food, which is not too good for the absorption of this element.It is not necessary to consume iron-containing food with fat and dairy products containing calcium (this item does not allow to properly absorb it).At deficiency of iron from these foods it is recommended to give up almost completely.But if this is not possible, make big breaks between their consumption and iron-containing foods.
strongly reduce the body's ability to digest foods with iron, are some popular drinks - a tea of coffee, containing tannin.If you drink dishes, rich in iron, a hot drink, its final concentration in the blood is about 60% less.To increase the level of iron in the finished dish, it is advisable to cook in a pan made of cast iron.
How to identify a lack of iron in the body
main disease that occurs in the body due to iron deficiency - a deficiency anemia.In people it is called anemia.Due to the scarcity of the fabric element worse start to saturate with oxygen, and the work of the heart muscle becomes not so effective.If a person has good health for a long time, signs of anemia may not occur.It is much more difficult to detect in people who smoke: because of the constant lack of oxygen the body compensates for hemoglobin.
What symptoms indicate iron deficiency in the human body:
- weakness, dizziness, blackouts during exercise, fatigue.
- bad hair, worsening of skin: dry, peeling.
- deterioration of concentration.
- Reduced performance.
- appearance of shortness of breath even at light load.
- Feeling numb limbs.
- Frequent colds, infectious diseases.
- Violation of appetite.
- Difficulty swallowing.
- problems with the gastrointestinal tract.
- Sleepiness during the day.
- smooth muscle weakness.
To compensate for the lack of iron, doctors prescribe a diet rich in foods with this element, in severe cases, prescribed iron supplements.Treatment continues for as long as the patient does not feel better, and the hemoglobin level is not back to normal (for men is 132 g / l for women - 117 g / l).It is important to pay attention to signs of iron deficiency in the body, to prevent development of the disease and to prevent the negative impact of anemia on the other systems of the body.Iron
need to consume not only anemic, but also people with good health.The main thing is not to exceed the daily rate of consumption, as an overabundance of harmful element is not less than its loss.The maximum dose of iron, assimilated with the food intake should not exceed 45 mg.The excess of this element of the doctors called hemochromatosis.If you eat too much iron products, the following symptoms may occur:
- Change the color of the skin.The epithelium becomes yellow or earthy hue.
- appears hepatomegaly - enlarged liver.
- Unpleasant sensations in the body, causing severe discomfort - a feeling of "pins and needles", pruritus.
- palpitations, arrhythmia.
- Shortness of breath, lack of oxygen.
- Loss of appetite.
- drop in blood pressure.
- inflammation of the kidneys.
- lethal outcome (in rare cases).
Video: What foods contain a lot of iron
To maintain the balance of trace elements in the body, you need to consume foods which is composed of iron.To learn more about them, about their impact on the body that provides much of its inside, see the following interesting video.On the video it will be reviewed three kinds of food, which is more rich in iron than the rest.You'll learn more what it takes part in the correct operation of the organism as its deficiency affects the immune system.Read more about iron products in the video: