Mediterranean style food is seen as a method of weight loss recently, but many could be convinced of its effectiveness on their own experience.Unlike other diets, the Mediterranean diet does not include serious restrictions.It offers a number of recommendations based on the food habits of the inhabitants of the Mediterranean.
Mediterranean diet principles
Follow a meal plan that fits the style of the Mediterranean, can be an unlimited amount of time.It is based on a balanced, varied diet that includes all the food groups.The basic principles of the diet are simple and clear to anyone, so it is easy to get used to them.They are worded as follows:
- 60% of the diet is carbohydrate foods - bread, pasta, whole-grain crops, vegetables, fruit.
- 30% of the diet includes fats - mainly olive oil.
- 10% of the diet accounted for protein - lean meats, fish, legumes.
permitted and prohibited products
Mediterranean food system requires to include in the diet of the maximum amount
- bread, rice, pasta;
- sea fish, seafood;
- olive oil;
- fresh vegetables, fruits;
- onion, garlic;
- herbs (basil, thyme, oregano, rosemary).
During the day you need to drink at least 1.5-2 liters of clean water without gas.Animal protein (dairy products, white meat poultry, lean beef, eggs) can be used about 3-5 times a week.Red meat - no more than 1 time per week, while the portion size should be about 100-150 In addition to this, the Mediterranean diet involves a complete rejection of the following products:
- sugary drinks, especially soft drinks, sugary drinks, packaged juices;
- fast food, convenience food, industrial sauces, such as ketchup and mayonnaise;
- refined products;
- foods containing hydrogenated fats (margarine, cheap pastries, chips, cereal).
Food Pyramid Mediterranean diet
Eat in accordance with the principles of the Mediterranean is easy.No need to count calories, strictly metered portions or have a certain number of times per day.For more convenient following the diet, you can use a special food pyramid.It clearly shows what products are allowed to consume each day, and which limit within a week.
1 per week:
- red meat;
3 to 5 times per week:
- white meat chicken, eggs;
- sea fish and seafood;
- dairy products, cheese.
- olive oil, legumes, nuts, seeds, dried fruits;
- vegetables and fruits;
- whole grain bread, cereal - pasta, rice, barley, corn.
Menu for the week
Approved products with varied Mediterranean-style food.They can be at the most simple and complex dishes, but if you want, and create culinary masterpieces.While the transition to new habits and products, and recipes for new dishes have accumulated enough much, about the menu for the week is as follows:
- First breakfast: a sandwich with cheese, fruit.
- Lunch: salad with tuna and herbs, 2 slices of bread, low-fat yogurt.
- Lunch: peppers stuffed with rice, meat and tomatoes, vegetable salad.
- Dinner: tomato soup with croutons and chives.
- First breakfast: fruit salad.
- Lunch: sandwich with ham, green salad.
- Lunch: vegetable soup, 2 slices of bread.
- Dinner: fish, baked with vegetables.
- First breakfast: cottage cheese with low-fat yogurt.
- Lunch: 2 boiled eggs, cheese sandwich, fruit.
- Lunch: rice with herbs and spices, salad of seaweed.
- Dinner: fish with vegetables and rice.
- First breakfast: fruit salad, nuts.
- Second breakfast: scrambled eggs with tomatoes and greens, a slice of bread.
- Lunch: piece of chicken, vegetable salad.
- Dinner: stewed vegetables and beans.
- First breakfast: milk porridge.
- Second breakfast: boiled egg, vegetable salad, flavored low-fat yogurt.
- Lunch: Spaghetti with cheese, vegetable salad.
- Dinner: seafood soup, 2 slices of bread, fruit for dessert.
- First breakfast: fruit salad.
- Second breakfast: yogurt, cheese sandwich and a slice of tomato.
- Lunch: rice, boiled chicken, salad greens and shrimp, glass of wine (optional).
- Dinner: pasta with seafood.
- First breakfast: fruit salad, seasoned with yogurt.
- Lunch: salad of tomatoes, nuts or dried fruit.
- Lunch: piece of meat with rice garnish, vegetable salad.
- Dinner: fish, green salad, a glass of wine (optional).
recipes of popular dishes
If you look at a photo of Mediterranean dishes, it is easy to see how they look appetizing.Here are a couple of simple recipes, which can be quickly prepared dishes of the Mediterranean diet, with no special skills.They do not need scarce or expensive products.All the ingredients are easy to find in most local stores.
- Tomato soup.Take the 0.5 kg of tomatoes, 1 cucumber, 1 green pepper, 1 head of onion and a few cloves of garlic.All the chop, grind in a blender, add the olive oil, vinegar and salt to taste.
- Spaghetti with seafood.Sauté chopped garlic clove and some cherry tomatoes in olive oil, add the seafood cocktail, then in the fire.Boil the spaghetti into the pan with seafood, sprinkle with basil.
feedback on the results of weight loss
Svetlana, 24 years : adhere to a month of such a diet, along with my roommate.She dropped about 3 kg during this time, and I - 4.5.Fully transition to a power of desire has not arisen, yet we often want to pamper yourself with sweet or what some smoked meat, but in a safe, easy and healthy way to lose weight will be using in the future.
Lina, 29 years : diet helped me lose weight for about 4 months.In the first month I did not see much improvement, though strictly adhered to all the rules and diet, but lost just 1.5 kg.Then the weight began to go more, plus I connect physical activity, jogging and Callanetics.In total, dropped to 7 kg, a comfortable weight for me, held steady for six months.
Tatiana, 27 years : 've been looking for a way to lose weight without starving, and this diet has become a revelation.All products have free access to it.However, at first it seemed that the food leaves more money, but if you adapt himself, then do not spend a lot.Lose weight slowly, but surely - 3 months left 6.5 kg.Easily keep eating the same weight does not come back.