Wisteria (Wisteria) - this is the dream of all gardeners, it has been ranked among the beautiful perennial braiding plants.Flowering vines such resembles a waterfall of bright colorful bunches of flowers, emitting a pleasant smell sweet.Growing wisteria growers widely used for decorative purposes.She has decorated the walls of houses and gazebos, terraces, fences, arch.
Features of cultivation of different varieties of wisteria
Before buying sapling vines and planting it in your garden, you need to find out what kinds suited to our climatic conditions and what are the characteristics of their cultivation.Wisteria as the genus includes nine species, but are suitable for our area only three: China, frost-resistant, free-flowering.Dilution of vines is necessary to provide the following conditions:
- bright sun.Abundant flowering wisteria is possible to get only on sunny plot.
- solid foundation.Liana - curling plant, and she need a good, solid foundation, on which it will grow.
- regular watering.Starting from spring to summer, the land on which growing wisteria, you need to keep moist.The main thing is not to overdo it, the plant does not tolerate excess moisture.
- fertilizing fertilizers.Like other plants, wisteria needs fertilizers, especially during the period of budding.
- careful shelter for the winter.Despite the fact that such a creeper - hardy plant, in winter it is recommended to wrap the bars leaves, paper, roofing material, or special covering materials.
- pruning.For dense flowering wisteria cut 2 times a year (at the end of flowering, after leaf fall).
If the climatic conditions in your area do not allow to grow vine on the street in the open field, try to put it in the pot, as the tree stam.In autumn and winter, it will decorate the hallway or room of your home, and in the spring and summer, the terrace or embellish the entrance to the house.To form a crown of wisteria, you will need to trim the young side shoots several times in the spring.
Homeland tree wisteria - China.The plant is characterized by a thick cover of listvyanym length of shoots reaches a height of 15-20 m. Leaf Chinese wisteria large (20-30 cm long), has a complex pinnate form and consists of 7 -13 small leaflets.Flowering vine violet light (white in rare cases) flowers, which are assembled in a 40 cm brush and all bloom at the same time.Flowering begins with the appearance of leaves and lasts until the end of summer.Often in the beginning of September it is repeated.
Wisteria - heat-loving and light-requiring plant, but developing well in the shade.To the ground it is not particularly demanding, but planting a plant, preferably on a fertile, moist soil.This vine is well adapted to urban conditions, can withstand short-term drop in temperature to -20 ° C.Wisteria grows rapidly, rising by a support stems from right to left.With systematic pruning the plant is suitable for growing in pots and tubs.
Frost resistant (Blue Moon)
This plant is native to North America.Wisteria Blue Moon growing, its maximum length is 8 m. The shrub has pinnate leaves (consisting of 7-9 leaves) of a glossy dark green color.Inflorescence - abundant and dense, reaches a length of 25-30 cm, consists of a bluish or blue-purple flowers.Frost resistant wisteria blooms in early June and bloom 2-3 weeks.
main feature of this vine - good tolerance of extreme cold to -40 ° C.Plant plant preferably on a sunny area or near the southern side of the building.Wisteria growing on the ground of any kind, but to achieve maximum results in bloom, it is recommended to grow it in the black earth and loam.It is not recommended to plant a bush in the wetlands, calcareous ground.This type of wisteria are not picky about watering and tolerates drought.Systematically need watering only young plants.
profusely or many-flowered (Wisteria floribunda)
This wisteria was originally bred in Japan.The height of the vines reach 8-10 meters, has a very large plates (40cm) with 15-19 small leaves.The size of clusters of inflorescences reaches 50-70 cm wisteria blossoms after the shoot out leaves in the second half of May, sometimes -. Again in late summer.Flowers bloom gradually, starting from the basics of brush, finishing bottom.
flowered wisteria well withstand temperatures down to -25C.For vines preferred sunny areas with a light, moderately moist, loose soil, with no stagnant water, rich in nutrients.Wisteria encircles support many-flowered stems only in a clockwise direction.Colours varied flowers: white, pale pink, pale purple, reddish.
planting wisteria Rules
Planting seedlings should be 1-2 summer wisteria.When planting is necessary to observe some simple rules, which determine the further growth of the plant and its flowering.Wisteria should be given brightly lit place with a light fertile soil, solid support, on which it will be in the future trudge trudge, safe shelter during the winter.
Sunlight is important for wisteria, at least 6 hours a day, it needs to be under the sun.But there should be no drafts, the best choice is the southern, south-eastern, south-western side of the building.To prepare in advance wisteria shoots and establish long-lasting solid support that is resistant to wind load.When choosing a landing site, consider poisonous plants, so is not recommended to plant wisteria near water sources.
For abundant flowering wisteria need light, fertile, well-permeable soil.In acidic ground must be her little proizvestkovat.Just do not overdo it, from a large number of lime vine loses its appeal, its leaves become bright.Clay ground before planting wisteria necessary prodrenirovat organic fertilizers.To plant seedlings dug a deep hole, fill it with humus, river sand, leaf and clay-turf ground, mixed in equal parts.
best time for planting
planting wisteria time depends on the method of reproduction:
- cuttings.Spring is time for a good rooting.To do this, choose a one-year escape, in the middle of its length, making an oblique incision.Sharing on this site are put into the soil, fertilizer nutrient substrate.In late summer cuttings with roots transplanted to the destination.
- seed.In December wisteria beans are sown in a greenhouse in the drained soil, fertilized with a mixture of leafy, sod of earth and sand (ratio 4: 1: 1).To retain moisture, crop cover with glass or plastic wrap, and put them in a dark place.After 4 weeks, shoots appear, they bring to light.When the seedlings sprout to a small bush, they are planted in the greenhouse street.
Caring for a gorgeous vine is not so difficult.Gusto bloom it is only in well-lighted areas, sheltered from the wind gusts.Shoots wisteria important to constantly tied up, so they can grow, and their tips from drying out.Lian should regularly prune after flowering, so that it bloomed more intensely in the next season.If you comply with these rules of care, your plants will actively grow and bloom profusely.
From early spring until late summer in wisteria soil should be slightly damp, then the leaves will have a bright rich green hue.Decant and can not be, the plant does not like too wet earth.In dry periods vine watered abundantly, due to lack of moisture buds did not crumble.In the second half of December, cease watering, the plant is necessary to prepare for winter.
Liana wisteria grow to large sizes, to the flowers and leaves have throughout the season beautiful decorative look requires application of liquid dressings:
- mineral fertilizers.Per 1 m2 of area need to 10 liters of water and 20 g of fertilizer.
- tinctures rotted manure (1:20).
- chalk solution (100 g per 1 bucket of water).
Diseases and pests
Wisteria resistant to disease, but because of its poisonous properties attacked by pests subjected to extremely rare.It can be:
- caterpillars that make holes in the leaves.They neutralize by spraying the biological preparation.
- Green aphids.It affects the leaves and flowers, destroyed insecticides.
- Clover mites.Determined by the unnatural tan leaflets, in this case, the vine is treated with acaricides.
How and when to crop plants
from properly executed and timely pruning depends on the density of flowering wisteria, plant longevity.An important role is played here by timetables.Pruning vines 2 times a year by the scheme shown below.Immediately on landing:
- cropped shears main plant shoots to severe renal (approximately at the height of 75-90 cm).All
- remove side shoots vines to stimulate the motivation of growth of the main stem.
1 year, summer:
- Upper escape wisteria knit vertically, and several others - at an angle of 45 degrees.
2 year, winter:
- At a height of 75-80 cm shorten the main stem.
- Form several horizontal escape and shorten the one-third of their length.
2 year and before the end of the formation, summer:
- main stem tie up the vines to the support.
- Pick a couple of side shoots and tie them at an angle of 45 degrees.
- If wisteria base will produce excess growth.Remove it.
- Tie on liana new main stem of each side branch and shorten all branches of order 2 to 20 cm, so that they were 3-4 buds.
3 year and next:
- We perform a similar action, creating vertical growth of wisteria and the formation of lateral shoots.
Video tips on growing wisteria in the home
in special stores have a wide selection of seedlings of various exotic and native plants, there are wisteria.But much more interesting to try to grow a vine itself.How did this breed ornamental plant right at home?More about growing wisteria from seed bookmarks until the germ, refer to the video master class below.