Ficus - a favorite herb gardeners.Due to the high aesthetic qualities of this flower is the first among its peers.Buying the pot with lush foliage, or taking it as a gift, you should immediately ask about how to care for a ficus in the home.Use the valuable advice of experienced growers, and you will master all the subtleties of cultivation and breeding of this plant.
In the wild, there are about 1500 species of ficus.The home grown no more than 20 different plants in appearance mean that different shape and color of the leaves.Each subtype has its own characteristics, but any Ficus - it's undemanding plant that does not require much effort to cultivate.These plants may not bloom, but are indispensable for decorating and landscaping of apartments, offices and premises with a lack of natural light.
Perfect interior plant, which has several species - home Ficus benjamina.These plants differ in color and leaf shape of the seed.Ficus Benjamin is good because of the grown
- it is prone to dropping leaves in autumn and winter, because preparing for the spring growing season (capacity of the new foliage);
- afraid of drafts, their presence causes shedding of leaves, so it is necessary to create favorable conditions for the ficus Benjamin;
- does not like direct sunlight, in their contact with plant leaves become pale and thin;
- if time does not trim the plant, the branches spread out to become thin and featureless.
of rubber (elastic)
This kind of cluster houseplant has a variety of shapes, height, color of leaves and branches.This flower growers like many beginners and people who are often away, becauseHe is not demanding in care, it has several advantages over its counterparts:
- not afraid of drafts, so the plant does not throw the leaves with drops of air temperature;
- does not require frequent monitoring of irrigation.If you forgot or it was not possible to water the plant, ficus leaves do not lose, they're a little humbled.After watering the plant quickly comes to its normal state;
- has low coverage: feels good in a dark room, to calm diffused light and shadow.Under this condition, stay at the Ficus of rubber leaves will be slightly smaller in size than if it was in the light.
Arts cultivation of large potted plants miniature bonsai called.Few people know that out of the ordinary ficus can form tiny tree.It is best to begin to shape the bonsai in winter - while at the plants slow current juice.This flower has to be dense foliage and thick tree trunk, those characteristics that make look like a real tree.Dwarf Ficus has several types of crowns, which is characterized by external differences:
- classical round shape;
- as a pyramid, where a broad crown on the sides narrowing at the apex;
- cascade, when all the foliage is tilted to one side.
To make a bonsai tree, you must unformed young shoots in the trunk of ficus to connect with a wire, wound them, starting at the bottom, up to the crown.In this position, the plant is not more than 7 months, after which the wire is removed.For beauty is sometimes bent branches, fixing them to the trunk.At the end of the same period, they begin to grow in the right direction.
believed that the bonsai mysteriously affects people's lives, on their fate.These plants are endowed with mysterious properties and powerful energy.Holders of such flowers in the house for longer stays with bonsai, beginning to see the prophetic dreams, discover at the ability to predict the future.This tree helps in the realization of human thoughts of abundance.
Ficus called mikrokarpa has rounded, bright green leaves.This plant with properties very similar to Benjamin.They have the same requirements for care, which are easily achievable:
- can not allow drying of the soil, otherwise it will affect the state of the leaves.He does not throw down, as Benjamin, but they are humbled and become dull;
- does not like direct sunlight and shaded space, so you need to lodge a ficus in a well lit area;
- can not allow to enter drafts on the plant, otherwise it will fall ill;
- necessary to carry out a haircut crown as branches stretching to make grooming and splendor.
most spectacular and original plant of the whole family - ficus lyrata.The main feature of this tree are large, shiny leaves with prominent pale veins.The root system of ficus lyre very powerful, able to store water, so it is unpretentious watering is allowed a slight over-drying earthen clod around the roots.At home, it macrophylla plant grows up to two meters, so it is perfect for decoration of residential and office space.
care at home
If you are thinking about buying wood room, keep in mind that all types of ficus happy to grow in the apartments.They will give not only a visual delight to their owners, but also purify the indoor air.For the successful cultivation of these plants is necessary to know how to properly care for a ficus in the home.It requires little effort: only a few important features in compliance with the regime of watering, pruning branches and leaves.
At any time of the year ficus likes moderate watering, we can not "pour" the plant, otherwise it will fall ill and die.Moisturize soil should be when its upper layer is completely dry.It is impossible to say with certainty how many days it happens: dehydration speed depends on the temperature in the room.Watering must be done about once every 7 days, warm water defended.Liquid dripped-off need to pour half an hour after the procedure.
once for 15-30 days is necessary to arrange houseplants light shower with warm water.To do this, the plant is transferred to the bathroom and watered from a watering can shower.Thanks to this procedure, is washed off the dust from the leaves and twigs.If they are insects or pests, they also washed away.After showering plants should stand in the bath to the water glass, then send the flowers in place.From these procedures leaves are glossy, well-groomed.
to your Ficus has dense foliage and tidy appearance, it is necessary to carry out regular pruning regrown thin branches.Inspect your plant carefully from all sides and you will see that there are several branches without leaves or half-naked.In order to revive and awaken the dormant buds on the plant, you need to pinch back (cut) the young light-green shoots (leaves) that flank a ficus.This procedure should be carried out several times a year as needed.After trimming some time on the bare branches begin to appear long-awaited leaves.
easily multiply rubber plants by grafting regrown branches.The most favorable time for this spring and the first half of the summer.For reproduction of the tree growers are advised to commit such acts:
- must select a stalk.You can not take the upper part of the young shoots - they do not take root.Cut off the need to those branches in which the stem is well developed and has a dense structure.
- Cut the stalks with a sharp knife or garden shears.Length should not exceed 15 cm.
- Remove speaking sap that made the cut on the spot.To do this, put a sprig in the water for two hours, then drain it and replace it with fresh.
- Cut off the leaves that are on the part of the handle, which is placed in the water to prevent them from rotting.
- Two weeks later, a small plant take root.Then it should be put in a small pot, using a loose and fertile soil.
- From time to time the young plants it is necessary to arrange a cool shower.If this is not possible, wipe the leaves with a damp sponge or cloth.
How to transplant
Once a year should be carried ficus transplant.It is necessary to take the pot a little bigger: this requires a growing root system of plants.To conduct this procedure should be in the spring or the beginning of summer.For transplant ficus will need these materials:
- flower pot with a small drain hole;
- special soil for figs;
- drainage stones.
As transplanted ficus:
- Take the flower from the pot along with a clod of earth.
- Clear the old soil.If the ground is too tightly gripped on the roots, then remove only the top layer.
- At the bottom of the pot put a concrete block in a single layer.
- Pour into the pot first layer of compacted earth and fingers.
- Install a new flower in the pot at the same time to adjust the amount of land.
- podsypaya soil, fill the empty spaces, make sure that the plant is level.Each layer is pressed down lightly with your fingers.
- If you are using a shopping package of soil, then water the plant after planting is not necessary.Wait until dry up the upper layer.
If flower resets
leaves yellowing and dropping a small amount of the lower leaves of ficus - a normal phenomenon in the fall, it is said that the flower is preparing for the new growing season.If you notice subsidence in large numbers, it is a sign of unfavorable conditions in the apartment, it's time to take action and save ficus:
- To observe the temperature conditions for this kind of plants - not lower than 15 ° C and above 23 ° C, then leavescease to fall.
- Eliminate drafts in the place of residence of ficus.
- If the room is not enough light, it becomes one of the causes defoliation.In this case, you need to connect an additional source of artificial lighting.
- Dry air in the apartment rarely causes plant leaves to drop, so the heating season and more often in the hot summer spray your pet, arrange bathing using shower.
- Lack of vitamins provokes reset leaves.You need to add fertilizer - fertilizer for figs to cure flower.
When creating favorable conditions for the cultivation of figs, these plants rarely get sick.There are cases of infection of plant pests from other indoor plants or for the transplant, from a new quality of the soil is not.The most common diseases:
- mealybugs - quickly strikes broadleaf plants are transferred to standing next to flowers.
- Trips - settles on the leaves in hot areas with moist air.
- root rot - a fungal disease that occurs when there is excessive watering when the soil does not have time to dry.
- Aphids - a frequent guest on the leaves of houseplants, appears in spring.Ficus trees are infected by it.
- Spider mite - actively multiplies when too dry air in the room.
Video how to care for flowers
looked a selection of videos, you will learn how to properly care for a ficus in the home.Valuable tips will be useful to all lovers of these plants.An experienced grower will tell you how often to water the ficus Melanie, that he was not ill and not thrown off the leaves.You'll learn all about how to sit and breed houseplants.The biologist will show what is needed for pot ficus when transplanting.
How to pour Melanie
Growing and transplanting