delighting the eye delightful flowering, domestic flowers create a cozy, warm atmosphere, an aura of love and harmony.Exotic or familiar, they decorate our home, being treated for diseases, give a wonderful mood.Beauty Kalanchoe: care at home for which does not require a lot of effort and financial costs - unpretentious, exquisite plants growing on the windowsills and balconies of apartments.What conditions are necessary for it to grow and blossom?
Features of cultivation of different varieties of Kalanchoe
There Kalanchoe conditional classification associated with the features of the home environment of care:
- Ornamental varieties:
- Blossfeld.Kalanchoe type with serrated leaves small green that with proper care provides a beautiful bush width of up to half a meter.
- Calandiva.Terry inflorescences, presented in photos, attracted deserved attention of many fans.According to the doctor of sciences, professor of English botanist David KHessaĭon, every second visitor of the Dutch floriculture auction gets Calandiva.
- Decorative and deciduous varieties of Kalanchoe.Home care require special attention when watering:
- Felt.The narrow, oblong leaves with distinct veins decorated with gray villi.
- Beharskoe.The olive-colored leaves, up to 10 cm, pubescent with brown hairs.Prized for medicinal properties, do not require close attention and home care.
- Viviparous varieties or bryophyllum.Inspired and amazed the great Goethe, this type of Kalanchoe reproduces by budding:
- Degremon.Kalanchoe leaves oblong, smooth, have a triangle shape with serrated edges.
- cirrus.A common view, "living" on the windowsills of our mothers and grandmothers for many years.It is effective in the treatment of rhinitis, sinusitis, wounds and burns, inflammations.
How to properly care for kalanchoe home
Kalanchoe: attentive care in the home for which will delight you and your loved ones an exquisite flowering - a tropical plant native to Madagascar.Belonging to the genus of succulents, it feels great to the tropics of Asia and South America, the temperate climate of Europe and the ... apartment window.Arriving in natural tropical climates two meters, this family Crassulaceae (Crassulaceae) is a family of up to 200 species.
temperature and lighting
For plants will 12-25S comfortable temperature.These indoor plants fine feel in the summer on the balcony or in pots outdoors.To Kalanchoe is well developed and blossomed, it needs sunlight.Direct rays are harmful to the flower, so if the window sills - permanent seats "residence" - facing south, create a diffused light.In winter feature of care at home will create an additional source of light.
Humidity and watering
root system can not tolerate excess moisture in response processes of decay.Use defend water at room temperature.While taking care not to forget that humid air provokes the development of disease.During the heating season home "house the" flower away from radiators.Choose land irrigation mode:
- in the off season - no more than once for a few days;
- hot summer requires daily watering;
- winter rate is reduced to one watering for two weeks.
choosing how to transplant Kalanchoe after purchase, do not forget that the comfort of your home is necessary to adapt the plant.Ornamental varieties of plants experienced growers recommend "feed" complex fertilizer, using half the dose.This contributes to an abundant, prolonged flowering.Avoid supplements in the winter, and during the season when flowers of Kalanchoe.
Selecting soil and transplanting flowers of Kalanchoe
transplant at home is necessary if the roots of plants fill the space of the pot, which is home to a flower who prefers slightly acidic soil with a level of pH 5,5-6,5.Repot Kalanchoe should be in late April-May:
- choosing a ready soil for succulents, add a fifth of fine sand.
- In the case of self-training at home soil, sterilize all components, making a mix of:
- At the bottom lay out concrete block or small pieces of brick iskroshennye to improve drainage.
When daylength longer than 12 hours, you will be able to seedlings.To do this, use the following methods:
- Propagation of Kalanchoe cuttings.Suitable only healthy stem cuttings.Carefully separate from the common base of the bush with two leaves, plant them in a prepared slightly acidic soil.
- Want to spend for Kalanchoe sheet reproduction in the home?Carefully remove the total bush undamaged, healthy leaf, landed in a new pot of cooked ground.
- seed.Located on the surface of moist soil (1 part sand and peat) seeds, not prisypaya ground.Cover for 10-12 days with glass or polyethylene.Seeing hatched sprouts, remove the "shelter".
flowering and pruning Kalanchoe
Most varieties of ornamental varieties are beginning to produce the first buds in late winter - early spring.short flowering period - from February to April.How to make flower Kalanchoe:
- creating light conditions with light;
- «light» dressing;
- compliance with the rules "short days".
Moulded by trimming and topping krona will help give the plant a beautiful silhouette.Implementation of the recommendations will contribute to a "refined forms" Flower:
- Kalanchoe is cut?After flowering, try to remove the flower stalk as low as possible to restore power weakened plants.If you notice that the flower looks "tired" and unwell, be sure to cut off any damaged leaves.
- How pinch Kalanchoe?Stop the growth of plants, flower rid of immature thin shoots will delete the latter.Using scissors, get rid of unnecessary upper leaves and stem tip.Sprinkle the wound to pinch the shoots charcoal / ash.
Diseases and pests
Kalanchoe: a care in the home to protect plants from pests and disease devastating:
- Diseases leaves:
- Phytophthora - dark, sometimes black spots at the base of the leaf.The reason is the excess water when watering, heat, excess fertilizer.
- Powdery Mildew.Her appearance is caused by failure to comply with temperature control, low humidification when caring for Kalanchoe in the home.
- most "famous" insects that attack the leaves of plants is aphids.Green midge prevent flowering and growth processes of Kalanchoe.This yellow flower leaves gradually litter.
- scale insects.Insect, provoking the development of fungal processes on the leaves and stems of Kalanchoe.
Cope with pests in the home will help the removal of the infected parts of the plant, the processing of the remaining healthy plants with special soap (potash) or an alcohol solution.For a full recovery will take a long time, the observance of the rules of care for the flower and watering the soil with fungicides - chemicals, the effect of which is aimed at combating various diseases.
Why not flowers of Kalanchoe - Causes
Buying beautiful, flowering kalanchoe, get ready for the fact that the process of adaptation after the first flowering will take some time.Wondering: "No flowers of Kalanchoe, what to do?", Follow these recommendations botanists and gardeners:
- Reduce the amount of fertilizer and feeding frequency.This should be done in stages, gradually reducing the dosage.
- Observe care in the home, discussed above.The overabundance of moisture or lack of it, the presence of diseases, pests that live on the plant, impede the process of flowering.
Video of the beneficial properties and care of flowering kalanchoe
strange name "Kalanchoe" from Chinese means "thick stalk", Africans and South Americans call it "grass destiny" and the Portuguese - "plant life".There is a beautiful legend that the house in which this plant is lush blooms, store and cherish the holy, and its inhabitants are always lucky.Such beliefs are not unfounded, because some types of Kalanchoe can be called "family doctor in a flowerpot."After watching the video below, you will learn how to provide the right care at home for flowering plants.