When looking at the orchid is impossible to remain indifferent.Refined, elegant plant has long captured the hearts of gardeners, scientists and connoisseurs.Alas, tropical beauty capricious and very demanding to leave.It causes considerable difficulties transplantation and propagation of orchids.Royal plant is not cheap, so every florist should find time to study the information about how to propagate orchids at home.The result will be worth the effort.
Can I propagate orchids
orchid seedlings, propagate without harm to plants?Experts believe that the flower tenacious, it is difficult to destroy.So do not be afraid.Examine in detail the reproduction options and choose the right flower for your room.Popular 2 methods: the children (bespolovoy) and seed (sexual).When using the first method turns orchid in full compliance with the mother plant, the second method may be differences.Propagated by seeds of longer and more complex than the children.As is the case with other plants suitable time for bre
How propagated orchids at home
Distributed several ways.Some types of flowers reproduce only the lateral shoots, the other - pseudobulbs, and others - only with the help of children, resulting in the nodes.Based on this method should be chosen depending on the plant species.We'll talk more about how to propagate orchids in the home above methods.
Cutting excellent breed of orchid Vanda, brassavola, ascocentrum, angraecum, aeridis, aanil.They are called Monopodial.The distinctive characteristics of the species: the stalk grows in length from one apical growth point, there are no pseudobulbs, there is a certain distance between the nodes of shoots, their rapid growth.To apply monopodial terrific phalaenopsis.For example, consider how to propagate phalaenopsis orchid stems.For this we need:
- Cut off from the plant side shoot or stem deflorate short (no more than 15 cm), using a sharp knife disinfected.
- The following disinfect the cut charcoal (powder) and put into the pot for rooting.Important: excellent material for breeding are the stems (stems) with 1-2 nodes with axillary buds.
- After about 30 days the young plants start to grow.
Reproduction lateral shoots is effective for certain types of orchids, such as Phalaenopsis and Dendrobium for.Kids they appear, provided feeding special fertilizer with a nitrogen content and finding the plants in the room with a high fever.When there is a baby, it should be sprayed more frequently.After the appearance of roots side shoot neatly separated from the roots and after treatment with charcoal planted in a permanent pot.
How else propagated orchids at home the children?There is a way to get Babe using hormonal paste containing cytokinin.To do this:
- You must select one or more of the upper kidney, neatly trimmed flake, without hurting the plant.
- will then be visible zelenenkaja point, which is applied to the paste.
- Kids will be in a few weeks.This is easier than breeding orchid cuttings.
method is used exclusively for growing plants (Phalaenopsis, aeridisa).To do this:
- After flowering orchids need to cut the stems at the base, divide it into pieces 3-4 cm
- necessary to ensure that each one remains dormant buds..
- After disinfection should put them in moist moss, staging a mini-teplichku.Cuttings grow successfully while maintaining a constant humidity and temperature of 25-28 C.
vegetative method is simple, but not without flaws.When using it on a few young plants get flowers.In comparison, the seed breeding orchids allows you to grow dozens of new colors for one crop.It is difficult for experienced gardeners: it is necessary to create and maintain an artificial breeding ground for the seeds.It should be sterile.It is important to maintain a certain humidity, temperature, light - a slight deviation from the norm would nullify all the efforts.For this reason, the method is suitable for reproduction in laboratories.
Self-cultivation of seeds is carried out in the soil, consisting of a small amount of leaf, chopped moss.To do this:
- The soil should be moistened and sow the seeds in rows.
- Then they need to be sprayed with soft water, ensure a high humidity and a temperature of not lower than 25 degrees.
- When seedlings appear first leaf, they are transplanted into the soil containing peat moss and chopped.
- In the third phase of the leaf dive into the ground, which in addition to peat moss containing chopped fern roots.
- transplant pots in the constant - after the appearance of the four leaves.
Vegetative propagation of orchids
most popular and simple method of reproduction capricious plant - division.Suitable for species Sympodial form of growth: Cattleya, lelei, Cymbidium, multonii, ondtsidiuma.For reproduction:
- The adult orchid is removed from the pot with rhizomes shake off the ground.
- Then cut it into 2 parts.It is important that both halves was not less than 2 pseudobulbs.
- sections were disinfected and planted in a permanent place.
learn how to care for an orchid in a pot, much has been written, so there should not be a problem with the cultivation. With proper care on separated plants will soon appear new shoots.If it does not, consider neukorenivsheysya orchid.Suitable for vegetative propagation time - the beginning of spring.This season is ideal for a weakened orchid quickly restore power after division.
Video: Phalaenopsis orchid breeding at home
wonder how propagated orchids at home?Want to hear an expert opinion on this?After watching the video below, you will learn more about existing methods: meristem, the multiplication of shoots, seeds.Positive results are seen by using any method.Try and share your experience with others.