According to statistics, meningitis is considered a leader among infectious diseases on mortality indicators.This disease affects the skin soft spinal cord and brain.One hundred years ago, the diagnosis sounded like a death sentence.Today, it is a serious disease virtually curable.Most of all it exposed the young and the elderly.Adults with the disease encountered less frequently than children.Thus itself meningitis symptoms in adults are very different from the symptoms in children.
Symptoms of brain
Meningitis is inflammation, inflammation symptoms in adults may be different, becauseagents are: a variety of bacteria, pneumococcus and meningococcus;candida;enteroviruses, influenza viruses;worms, chlamydia, malaria parasites, many other protozoa.Gateway for infection are the bronchi, intestine, nasopharynx.The first symptoms of meningitis:
- ringing in the ears;
- general weakness of the body;
- decreased appetite;
- headache severe pain, leading to vomiting;
- skin rashes;
- occurrence of seizures.
bacterial meningitis incubation period
bacterial disease ranges from 2 to 12 days.Further developing nasopharyngitis with a high temperature.Contact the bloodstream pathogens may be accompanied by sudden bouts of chills.Inflammation of the meninges may develop acutely, with a strong fever, terrible pain in the head, vomiting, nausea, hyperesthesia.There are other major symptoms of inflammation of the brain:
- stiff neck;
- consequence of not treating the disease can be coma;
- observed dehydration;
- for meningococcal disease is characterized by dissemination;
- appearance of purple rashes.
serous meningitis in adults
Depending on what caused serous disease, it is divided into several types: bacterial, cause inflammation will be the same pathogens as that of tuberculosis and syphilis;virus, Echo and Coxsackie viruses;or fungal opportunistic infections that cause the fungus Coccidioides immitis, and Candida.To determine the course of the disease, it is necessary to know what the symptoms of meningitis.The main features of serous diseases considered:
- high temperature up to 40 degrees;
- pain in muscles and joints;
- upset stomach, abdominal pain;
- arching intense headache, aggravated by movement.
- first sign of tuberculosis inflammation - apathy, lethargy.
- the seventh day of illness appear high temperature, which is kept at 39 degrees.
- Severe headache.
- There are muscle pain, increases stiff neck muscles and neck.
- In tuberculous inflammation vomiting weak.
- on facial skin, mucous membranes occur hemorrhage.
- An essential feature of tuberculous meningitis - fibrillation, and in most cases, the heartbeat slows.
Viral Viral inflammation of the lining of the brain begins with general malaise body heat and intoxication.On examination, the patient noted voltage extensor group of muscles of the neck, which make it difficult to bring the chin to the chest.Enterovirus meningitis, the main symptoms in adults, has a relatively short course.Approximately five days the temperature drops to normal, although sometimes there is a wave of re-fever.There are the main symptoms of viral meningitis in adults:
- vomiting and nausea;
- muscle pain;
- diarrhea, abdominal pain;
- runny nose and cough;
- high sensitivity of the skin;
- painful perception of a bright light, noise.
- first sign of suppurative disease - high fever.
- Severe headache.
- may be convulsions.
- Lethargy, drowsiness.
- Increased skin sensitivity.
- Man tries to get up less often.
- Oppression of consciousness and inadequacy.
- Nausea, vomiting.
- rash that does not disappear when stretching the skin underneath.
Video: meningeal symptoms
That is meningitis and what are its symptoms can be found on the Internet a photo, but it is better to see the video.In different forms of inflammation of the brain membranes symptoms completely or partially.Considered symptom in the early stages will determine the presence of disease.It is known that the early symptoms will prevent the development of chronic disease course.