more immature children's bones are more susceptible to various injuries.One of these diseases occur in the lower pole of the patella and often appears in young athletes.The name of this disease sounds like Shlyattera syndrome.What have you heard about this disease?If anything, the instructions below will help you learn about the causes, consequences and cures of the disease.
What is Osgood Shlyattera
Shlyattera disease of the joints is a loss of aseptic nature of the nucleus of the tibia.The reason for this is the constant physical exertion during intensive growth of children's bones.The clinical picture of the disease - is the destruction of bone and cartilage of the tibia.Without a compelling reason at the bottom of the patella forms a solid tumor to the touch.The International Classification of Diseases syndrome refers to a class of ICD-10.
Symptoms of knee joint
American and Swiss surgeons in the early twentieth century, described in detail the illness, so he's got another name - a synd
syndrome manifests itself by the following symptoms:
- When the disease is just beginning to develop, the signs are weak in a rare pain in the knee during physical loading.
- after amplification sports pain in the knee side on the inside and in the lower leg felt better.
- Knee pain occurs directly at the squat, flexion / extension legs, rise / down stairs.The soreness is felt when walking and even at rest.
- At the bottom of the knee tissue begin to swell, there is a bump, as in the photo.
- disease is not characterized by general signs of inflammation, such as fever, chills, or redness.
- Signs syndrome characterized by periods of relapse and remission.
the main factors of the disease, which causes the formation of build-up below the knee - is intense physical activity during bone growth in children.The child's body is difficult to cope with enhanced training, so he responds to such inflammation.The syndrome develops primarily at professional sports training, where the person is forced to the maximum spread.risk group includes the following sports:
- lifting light and heavy;
- sport dances;
- figure skating.
The exact cause of the disease is the active work of the quadriceps muscle during exercise due to heavy loads.It stretches the quadriceps tendon, which is intended to connect the tibia and the patella.The tension takes over the character - it leads to minor injuries, tears.Furthermore, deteriorating blood circulation in the knee area.The answer to such inflammation - increased growth of bone tissue, which then becomes the tuberosity.
consequences of the disease in children Shlyattera
Most cases of the disease is characterized by a bump that does not bring pain.The joint at the same time also is not broken, but may experience some complications syndrome:
- upward displacement of the patella;
- osteoarthritis of the knee, leading to persistent pain in the knee;
- aches, aching pain in the knee, depending on weather conditions change.Take
whether the army with the syndrome of Osgood Shlyattera?If such a diagnosis is made, then the passage of young people her commissioners pay attention to the condition of the knee.Minor violations can cause only a semi-annual delay for treatment, she herself knee joint disease Shlyattera is no reason to assign worthlessness army.Only serious motor pathology knee function entitle the Commission to prevent the recruit to the service.The bottom line is that the decision was adopted specifically on the basis of diagnosis for each case Shlyattera syndrome.
Syndrome Treatment Shlyattera in
home How to Treat Osgood-Schlatter disease?Complete cure is carried out by the operation.Before that apply different treatment:
- maximum decrease in the amount of physical activity;
- rest the limb due to immobilization with plaster cuffs, bandages;
- wearing knee pads in training, orthoses;
- electrophoresis biostimulation procaine and calcium;
- massages and physiotherapy;
- mud bath or paraffin;
- use of ointments, such as "Chondroxide", "Traumeel".
To cure the disease, but rather to prevent its development, should be carried out, and preventive measures.Among them are effective:
- Caution on sports training.
- to severe forms of the disease the athlete will have to completely restrict yourself from physical exertion.
- Applying cold compresses, therapeutic whirlpool baths after training.
- Compliance with proper nutrition, the weight was normal.
Video of the disease in adolescents Shlyattera
The human body is subject to a variety of diseases, related to and joints.Particularly susceptible to inflammation baby bones that have not yet matured to the end and are in the stage of intensive growth.Like any pathology, Osgood-Schlatter disease in adults or adolescents needs constant monitoring and treatment if necessary.To learn more about the syndrome, see useful video below with complete information about the disease.