common material for the installation of flooring - laminate.It is convenient to assemble and practical in use.If during the repair you decide to use it, find out what is best for laminate substrate.Skid material protects the panel from the negative factors associated with the interaction of concrete flooring and fiberboard.Substrate coatings under the laminate coating warms and extends service life.The choice of this material poses a serious and responsible task, the importance of which should not be underestimated.Right now you will learn how to properly solve.
Types of substrates under the laminate
Modern manufacturers of finishing materials offer a wide range of varieties of pads for the floor of fiberboard, differing in characteristics and operational features.Each of them is specifically designed for certain conditions, so during the time of repair you need to take into account all factors relevant to the floor covering.In the following sections of this article describes common species for la
backer material made of compressed cork crumbs.It has the following characteristics:
- Provides a high level of sound insulation and keeps the temperature perfect, but it "does not like" humidity.
- It is used when installing laminate flooring in dry rooms, which do not require waterproofing.
- Cork substrate is not suitable for rooms with fresh screed and the areas located above the bathrooms, but it can be used in apartments, "panel" buildings.
- laying of this material requires the prior preparation of the surface.The floor must be smooth, otherwise the laminate is deformed over time.
artificial material to prepare the floor for installation of laminate.It has the following characteristics:
- Advantages of polyethylene - low-cost and reliable protection against moisture.
- izolona thickness of the foam is 2-3 millimeters, but under the pressure of the finished fiberboard coating is reduced by several times, compensating for unevenness in the floor.
- This type is used in wet areas to protect from moisture.
- Polyethylene creates a reliable water barrier that prevents the destruction of the laminate.
- to ensure the result of his need to be laid with an overlap of at least 25 mm.
Manufacturing the slip material is well developed in Russia and the CIS.It has the following characteristics:
- It is used for building, in which expected a serious load on the floor.
- hard synthetic material has a low leveling ability, so it should be laid on a perfectly flat floor.
- A thick layer of extruded polystyrene foam backing to protect the room from moisture and delivers impressive thermal insulation.
- When burning this material emits toxic substances.If you select it, strictly observe fire safety.
elastic sheet elite class material to compensate for uneven floors, sound insulation and heat preservation.It has the following characteristics:
- For technical specifications Tupleks largely superior to similar products company Leroy Merlin, Arbiton, Izoplat, Izoshum and Pleneks.
- Comparison of material properties showed that Tuplex less toxic and thus more durable.
- elastic substrate structure will put in hard to reach places.
- After installation, the material will retain its structure within a few years, providing reliable protection against negative factors.
pinewood material, wherein the environmental cleanliness, and providing the highest level of thermal insulation.If you do not know what the substrate is best to use a laminate on a concrete floor in a dry place, pay attention to this option.It has the following characteristics:
- Coniferous skid layer provide a high level of protection from extraneous noise.
- with him electric floor heating will heat the room gently and evenly.
- average thickness of the substrate under a laminate will compensate for minor imperfections on the surface, to ready the plane was smooth.
How to choose a substrate under a laminate
answer to this question depends on many nuances.To do it right, you need to determine the moisture level and to take into account the quality of the surface.Plus, you need to take into account the size of the room, in order to understand in which direction lay the sheets.Perhaps all this will have to add a layer of polyethylene and / or foil.Selection of the substrate under a laminate is better to entrust qualified, but if you decide to do it yourself, write for yourself the basic rules that will help avoid common mistakes.
on a concrete floor screed
If done correctly, the floor concrete is smooth, so you can put on it as a rigid or flexible substrate.The apartment high-rise buildings will be appropriate insulation under laminate.A good option for backing up such conditions - rezinoprobkovaya substrate.It will protect your home from the outside noise wafting from neighbors, and provide reliable protection against heat loss in winter.Based on it, the laminate will withstand heavy loads.The rubber layer will prevent the damaging effects of moisture.
Wood provides a high level of thermal insulation, so you do not have to worry about maintaining the room temperature.The only thing that will have to take care - this payment irregularities on the wooden floor.For these purposes will fit a simple and cheap polystyrene substrate.It is easy, elastic, and thanks to the minimum thickness excludes the reduction in the height of the ceiling in the room when installing laminate.The foamed plastic material will form the floor, not to laminate pressed with irregularities in the ground.
for underfloor heating
substrate under a laminate for underfloor heating must perform two functions: to protect from moisture and temperature of the room to pass.For this task to cope with a plastic material foil.A thin metal layer will accumulate heat, and the rubber component will prevent the penetration of moisture into the structure of the wood-fiber laminate boards.The flooring will be able to warm up well, and the impact of negative factors will be reduced to a minimum.The main thing - to see to it that the substrate layer is not too large, otherwise the efficiency of the built-in heating system will decrease significantly.
What should be the thickness of the substrate
About what better substrate suitable for laminate, you have already learned.It's time to determine the thickness of this layer.Laminated panel Fiberboard can not boast impressive durability, so they need reliable support, which will soften the load.The thickness of the laminate varies from 8 to 12 millimeters, and it is even less in areas fragments floor joint.Correct the laid substrate will neutralize the irregularities base and provide a spring effect when exposed to strong pressure.
In most cases, enough to level the surface layer of 2-3 mm.If there are negative factors (moisture, high noise levels, etc.), it is necessary to use a rigid substrate 5.4 mm thick.In such cases, a cork material and conifers.For interfacing with the floor level of a laminate of different material (carpet, linoleum, etc.) the thickness of the substrate is chosen so that it together with the laminate enough to produce the desired level.If the difference in level of more than 12 mm, it is better to use a chipboard panel.
video review of the best substrates for laminate
Watch this video below, you will understand better what the substrate is suitable for laminate flooring in your house / apartment.Overview of help from a lot of options to choose the one that will be optimal in the existing conditions.Basic information will save you from common mistakes to repair fans.Listen to the advice of experts in order not to lose time and money reworking incorrectly mounted flooring.