Variety traumatic brain injury called a concussion.With this injury swipes skull.Get this damage can practically everyone.In order to take timely action, be sure to understand the signs of concussion.They appear almost immediately.The main thing - to be able to recognize the warning signs in time and seek medical advice.
first symptoms of concussion
Almost always people get injured in the fall, it does not matter in what circumstances it happened: at home, at work, during sports activities.Often, after hitting a headache that may already indicate a concussion.In most cases, the injured person for some time loses consciousness, can not remember the circumstances under which he was injured.
If you do not know how to identify a concussion, then analyze the state of his body.You have a serious injury if:
- headache, and not necessarily only in the place of impact;
- you want to sleep too much or, on the contrary, feel an unusual burst of energy;
- you sick and vomited at least once;
- you feel dizzy, uncoordinated;
- noise in the ears;
- double vision;
- pupils rose, took a different shape or size;
- you annoying bright lights and loud noises.
Children such injuries occur more frequently than in adults.If you do not know how to identify a concussion in a child, then check for the following symptoms:
- nausea, vomiting;
- baby too often vomits while feeding;
- a young child fontanelle swollen;
- too pale skin, especially the face;
- baby cries and naughty, bad, there are sleeping;
- been slow pulse;
- elevated body sweating;
- child complains that he had a headache.
Symptoms closed craniocerebral injury
necessary to determine the severity of the resulting damage to appoint effective therapy.There are different types of traumatic brain injury: a slight concussion, moderate, severe.To determine the nature of the damage, a special diagnosis:
- echo encephalography;
- computed tomography.
This form of injury is very common.If you do not know how to understand what you have mild concussion, the following symptoms will say this:
- head throbs and aches, spinning;
- be difficult;
- skin becomes very pale;
- at mikrosotryasenii double vision;
- there is a feeling of weakness;
- body sweats heavily.
head moderately severe brain contusion
This type of injury is much rarer previous.Distinguish the following symptoms of concussion of average gravity:
- syncope, the duration of which is not less than a quarter of an hour;
- head strongly hurts and spins;
- nausea, accompanied by frequent bouts of vomit;
- severe weakness;
- high blood pressure;
- tachycardia or bradycardia.
Severe traumatic brain injury
This is a very serious injury that requires long-term inpatient treatment.Such skull injuries can lead to very dangerous complications.Heavy contusion of the brain, symptoms of which are listed below, can provoke even a long one.Often when it is disturbed the work of all body systems.Signs of concussions to severe:
- prolonged loss of consciousness;
- impaired visual acuity, hearing falls, it becomes fuzzy and disjointed;
- memory loss;
- pupils dilate;
- pulse quickens, your heart rate goes astray;
- blood pressure rises;
- possible coma, sopor, stupor;
- probably the ear bleeding;
- impaired swallowing function;
- body temperature rises significantly;
- breathing becomes weak and sparse.
Signs of concussion in children
Children of different ages often get bruises and a head injury.If you do not know how to identify a concussion in a child, then watch his behavior and contact a doctor.The most difficult to identify the injury in infants.The main signs of concussion in an infant will be swelling of the fontanel, and excessive sweating.You should be alerted and the fact that a baby's skin is too pale.The easiest way to identify a concussion in adolescents and schoolchildren, because they are the words to describe his condition complain of pain or discomfort.
Symptoms of a child under one year:
- regurgitation during feeding, less profuse vomiting;
- pale skin;
- crying, causeless anxiety;
- sleep disorders and appetite.
Signs of concussion in children older than:
- loss of consciousness;
- complaints of nausea, vomiting;
- head hurts and spins;
- pulse goes astray;
- there are pressure surges;
- excessive sweating;
- complaints of weakness;
- violation sight concentration.
The dangerous concussion
after traumatic brain injury the person may face serious health problems.There are cases when people suffer from them the rest of their lives.The consequences of a concussion depend on the severity.As a rule, people certainly faced with a headache that lasts for up to two weeks.Yet he can constantly dizzy, experience nausea and even vomiting.
- Posttraumatic encephalopathy.Expressed as problems with balance, reel, inhibited the action tremor.
- emergence of intolerance to alcohol and tobacco.
- strong susceptibility to infections and colds.The man who had endured concussion often picks up not only such diseases but also very difficult to tolerate them.
- Problems with the vessels.
- Changing behavior.Often people after injury become overly irritable, nervous, aggressive.
- Convulsions and seizures.
- post-concussion syndrome.Sudden headache, which can not endure.Accompanied by sleep disturbance, dizziness.
Unfortunately, many do not understand what to do with the concussion, and in fact in a timely manner to provide first aid in traumatic brain injury is very important.Thanks to the patient's condition can be substantially alleviated.If you witness a head injury, and suspect that the victim could get a concussion, be sure to call your doctor immediately.While the ambulance is on the way, do the following:
- Seat of the patient, and it is better to lay a solid surface.
- If people panic, try to calm the patient, encourage.Prevent sharp move up.
- Apply something cold to the bruised area to edema was not distributed.
- If the patient drowsy, talk to him.Do not let him sleep at least an hour after the injury.
- If the person is unconscious, then lay it on its side.Then he did not choke and did not choke on vomit own language.
- Immediately after the injury can not eat and drink the victim, give medication.
- Try not to give a person overtax your memory trying to remember what happened.It is strictly prohibited to load any brain activities such as watching TV.
Video: Symptoms and Treatment concussion
In order to understand what constitutes such a serious injury, look at the following video.After watching you will know all the signs of concussion and understand what to do to the person who ran with such damage.Be sure to watch this video.If you suddenly become a witness to the injury, it was not taken aback, and will act properly and possibly save someone's life.