Most of the people in childhood or adulthood received cuts, burns, animal bites, severe abrasions.It happens that on the site such injuries appear conspicuous, expressive scars.The varieties of these flaws include keloid scarring type.What is the keloid, which factors lead to its occurrence, whether a person in need with a scar treatment?The information collected will give the concept of the rumen and how to deal with it.
What is a keloid scar keloid scar
type is considered to be the result of incorrectly fused edges of the wound.When you get an infection or grows connective tissue, in this place there are clearly visible scars of various forms in the damaged area of skin.The best conditions for the emergence of keloid scar is a fusion of the edges of the skin lesions or inaccurately made incision.
The difference between a keloid and scar-hypertrophic scar is that the former is much denser and does not protrude above the skin.In the photo, which is on the site, clearly it shows that the keloid
many years of observations of the appearance and development of keloid tissue, still does not allow the experts to find out the exact origin of the scars.Sources of the "birth" of this kind of scar tissue very much.Consider the most basic factors of formation of keloids:
- surgery (caesarean section, appendectomy, removal of moles);
- often appear scars from burns;
- culprit origin keloid scar is called the BCG vaccination;
- animal and insect bites;
- festering skin lesions;
- strong tension of the skin around the wound.
tendency to keloid scars
According to medical professionals, the tendency to the appearance of keloid scarring recorded in patients 10 to 40 years.Young children, like older people, almost never suffer from similar problems, because their skin does not suffer from the appearance of keloid-type scars.In adulthood, the skin tends to maximize recovery, the child's skin as quickly regenerated, and respectable people's often complain about the formation of atrophic scars.
interesting medical feature: the location of the post-traumatic scar, keloid may depend on the human race.For example, people with dark skin of this type of scars are formed mainly on the lower limbs and abdominal parts, and in white-skinned patients scars appear on the chest, face and hands.This information suggests a possible genetic predisposition.
keloid formation is a common problem because many are wondering how to remove scars, which method is most reliable for this?The fact that keloid scar develops long for many months.Those on the skin formed a keloid, complain of itching, skin tension, even painful sensations in the scar's location.If you have similar symptoms, it is necessary to the treatment of keloid scars.
Exemption from the skin scar, keloid must be done in a timely manner, otherwise it will grow in size, causing discomfort.To date, therapeutic activities include many techniques:
- surgery (extreme case);
- medication (corticosteroid injections, hyaluronic acid, the use of special gels, ointments);
- traditional medicine.
scars after burns, surgery or bites sometimes removed using folk methods:
- olive oil with propolis and honey plus buckthorn oil is used to significantly improve the microcirculation;
- as compresses, lotions used fennel, geranium, chamomile, aloe vera, St. John's wort, peppermint (tinctures and infusions, decoctions);
- for therapeutic and prophylactic use camphor oil, in which a piece of cloth moistened by applying to the scar as a compress;
- for smoothing small keloids want to use Highlander, St. John's wort, chamomile, nettle and aloe in equal doses (two tablespoons collection pour boiled water, a couple of hours, make lotions linen napkin..);
- healed skin resorption occurs within 2-3 months, if applied to the scar gruel prepared from melon seeds, eggshells and vegetable oil.
ointment or gel
healing scar ointments, gels, creams takes a long time, but it is painless, in the comfort of home.Treatment of keloid scars on the skin, it is desirable to begin only after consultation with a dermatologist or a surgeon, because it will help to avoid unpleasant consequences and complications.The doctor carefully examines the scars will appoint an effective remedy for their disappearance.
gel and creamy Medications affect the area of skin with scars so that keloid begins to decrease, change the height, clarified, and thus soften the scar simply smoothed.If we apply this therapy in the fresh scars (the wound should heal completely), there is a chance to avoid sprawl, redness keloid formation, it will not look defiant.
leader among medications struggling with keloid scars:
- Gel scars "Contractubex" can significantly slow down the formation of keloids, it stimulates the production of collagen and has anti-inflammatory effect.Good effect on the disappearance of small keloid scars (for a more effective result is used in conjunction with ultrasound).
- Cream "Kelofibraza" makes soft scar formation, maintaining the water balance of the skin is normal.It features an anti-inflammatory effect, affects the keloid scars deep type.
- drug "Zeraderm Ultra" is used to reduce scarring after surgery.When lubricating scars creates a waterproof film that protects the skin from exposure to UV rays.The gel is referred to as the best means to eliminate facial keloids (not preclude the application of cosmetics on the skin).
- Healing keloid scars «Scarguard» cream no less popular.He squeezes the scar tissue using transparencies, smoothing them.
- «Dermatiks" removes the skin from various types of keloids is used for the prevention of scarring.
- «Dimexidum" is used in compresses and lotions, and paired with other means.The main objective of this preparation is to facilitate deep penetration of the drug into the tissue (more than 2 centimeters of skin are exposed to treatment).
How to remove scars
Modern medicine can boast a number of ways to combat scars, keloid type.Damaged tissue eliminate scars, dermatologists, beauticians, surgeons.The effectiveness of treatment in any case depends on the timely treatment for the qualified help.For complex or chronic scarring of the skin have a laser or scalpel.
Laser Laser removal of scars, keloids is as follows: connect the small capillaries that feed the scar.To deal with keloids used argon and carbon lasers, laser dermabrasion technique.In some cases, prescribed a course of hormonal therapy.This combination is necessary to block the recurrence (occurrence of new scars).
Laser removal of scars on the face, neck, hands and other parts of the body is carried out under local anesthesia.Depending on the depth, size of scars, such as laser equipment keloid formation is removed in one or more approaches.The duration of a session - from 30 minutes to 1.5 hours (the surgeon removes 40-80 percent of skin lesions).Scar tissue is removed layers, "polished".laser treatment cost depends on the size of the scar, is considered an average amount of 2,000 rubles.
If conservative methods of treatment of keloids were unsuccessful or scar has a large size, in such a situation, surgery is carried out (very rare).The intervention is recommended no sooner than two years after the appearance of keloid formation on the skin.How to get rid of scars by using excision:
- patient under local anesthesia, make a small incision with a scalpel inside the keloid.
- After that impose intradermal cosmetic seams, constricting formation region.The result - the skin becomes smooth.
- After removal of sutures doctor prescribes steroids in the form of injections, imposes a pressure bandage to the area vacated by the scar, to avoid re-occurrence of keloids.
- average price excision of keloid formation varies from 3 to 7 thousand.
Videos about keloid scar
Keloid scars adorn neither male nor female, but getting rid of them is different depending on the location and size.After watching the video, you will learn what the difference is the removal of the scar on one or another part of the body if it will cover up the trail of the operation.Unattractive scars prevent people, creating anxiety point, because they must be removed.
scar after surgery
Reviews of treating keloids
Maria, 28 years : Keloid scar appeared after cesareansection.For a long time could not get rid of, no traditional methods of it (plus conservative treatment ointments) did not help, the scar still there, and the same was.Keloids disappeared just after surgery, at which I decided recently.
Anatoly, 48 years : few years ago got a couple of severe burns, and as a result at the hands formed keloid scars.Laser treatment advised by the doctor-dermatologist.All went well, with no relapses, and quickly.Scars are gone, there is no trace of keloids.