disease called erysipelas is obliged the French word «rouge» (red), because it is characterized by a strong reddening of the skin, swelling, pain, fever.inflammatory foci growing rapidly begins abscess, increased pain and a burning sensation.Why there is erysipelas of the skin and mucous membranes?Learn about the etiology of the disease, its treatment, potential complications of skin inflammation.
causes of disease
root cause of disease (ICD-10) code - infection the most dangerous type of strep bacteria family - beta-hemolytic streptococcus group A. There it is in contact with the patient or carrier of this infection through dirty hands,airborne.Infectious inflammation or not depends on the overall status (immunity) in contact and other factors.Contribute to the development and penetration of infection of the skin lesions:
- abrasions, cuts;
- injection site;
- chickenpox (sores);
- chemical irritation of the skin;
The risk of infection is increased in people with thrombophlebitis, varicose veins, lymphovenous failure, fungal infection of the skin, constantly wearing rubber clothing and footwear, bed-ridden patients.Contribute to the development and penetration of infection complications of ENT diseases that suppress the immune system factors:
- taking certain medications;
- endocrine diseases;
- cirrhosis of the liver;
In what areas more likely to develop
erysipelas is local inflammation affecting certain areas of the skin.Most vulnerable to the emergence of foci of the following body parts:
- legs.Inflammation occurs as a result of infection with streptococcus through damaged skin of calluses, fungus, injuries.Development contributes to the violation of lymph flow and blood circulation caused by thrombophlebitis, atherosclerosis, varicose veins.Bacteria, once through the skin into the body damage, begin to multiply in the lymph vessels tibia.
- hands.This part of the body in women susceptible to erysipelas due to stagnation of lymph after mastectomy.Hand affected skin infection at the injection site.
- face and head.Rozsa as a complication of possible during and after ENT diseases.For example, the ear (pinna), the skin of the neck and head becomes inflamed with otitis.Streptococcal conjunctivitis provokes inflammation of the skin around the eye sockets, and infections of the sinuses - the formation of the characteristic focus faces in the form of a butterfly (nose and cheeks).
- torso.Here there is inflammation of the skin in the area of surgical sutures when inserting them streptococcal infection.In the newborn - the umbilical hole.There are areas of inflammation in the skin lesions of herpes and shingles, in the areas of pressure ulcers.
- genitals.Hearth inflammation affects the female labia, scrotum in men develop in the anus, perineum, in places of diaper rash, scratching, skin abrasions.
characteristic signs and symptoms
skin inflammation begins with a sudden rise in temperature (up to 39-40 degrees!) And strong chills, body-shaking.Fever lasts about a week, accompanied by decreased consciousness, delirium, convulsions, severe weakness, muscle aches, dizziness.These features are characteristic of the first wave of intoxication.After 10-15 hours after infection in the focus of inflammation appears bright redness of the skin, caused by the expansion of vessels under the influence of staphylococcus toxins.After one to two weeks of inflammation intensity weakens, the skin begins to peel off.
foci of infection is limited to a noticeable roll (thickening of the skin), has irregular edges, it is growing rapidly.The skin begins to shine, the patient is experiencing severe burning and pain at the site of inflammation.For complicated forms of the disease are characteristic of erysipelas:
- blisters with pus;
- bubbles with clear content.
To which the doctor ask
Diagnosis of the disease does not cause difficulties.Symptoms of inflammation are so obvious that a correct diagnosis can be delivered based on the clinical picture.What the doctor treats the skin inflammation erysipelas?Initial inspection holds a dermatologist.Based on the survey, revealing visual signs of erysipelas inflammation of the skin doctor puts a preliminary diagnosis, appoints CBC.If necessary, the patient is sent to the physician, infectious diseases, immunology, surgery, used bacteriological methods of diagnostics.
How and what treat erysipelas
Antibiotic therapy is prescribed to kill the pathogen.To eliminate skin damage caused by inflammation, physiotherapy techniques used in complicated cases of inflammation - chemotherapy, surgical treatment.Traditional medicine, antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, calming effect, is used as an additional curative effect for the regeneration of damaged skin tissue, immune reconstitution after treatment.
The basis of the treatment of erysipelas inflammation of the skin, as well as other infectious diseases is antibiotic therapy.These formulations (along with other antibacterial agents) destroy the pathogen, halting the development of inflammation, arresting destructive processes in tissues.In addition to these prescribed intake of antihistamines that help the body fight off allergy streptococcus toxins.
antibiotic treatment of skin inflammation is assigned a specific pattern, which takes into account the mechanism of action of drugs, how to use medications:
- «Penicillin".Intramuscular, subcutaneous injection rate of between seven and thirty days.
- «Phenoxymethylpenicillin".Syrups, tablets - six times a day to 0.2 grams, the course of five to ten days.
- «Bitsillin-5."Intramuscular injections monthly for two or three years for preventive maintenance.
- «Doxycycline."Tablets of 100 mg twice a day.
- «Chloramphenicol".Tablets of 250-500 mg three or four times a day, a course of one to two weeks.
- «Erythromycin."Tablets of 0.25 grams four to five times per day.
Medicines antihistamine (antiallergic, desensitizing) actions for the prevention of relapses is administered in tablet form.The course of therapy lasted seven to ten days, aimed at the removal of edema, resorption of infiltration in the affected areas of the skin streptococcus.Assign administration of drugs:
Local treatment: dusting powders and ointments
the treatment of inflammation of the affected area of the skin effectively local external exposure, which is used for antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, analgesic, wound healing medicines.From pounded tablets make dry powder, medicinal solutions, ready to use spray, ointment for skin inflammation (except sintomitsinovoy, ichthyol, Vishnevsky!):
- «Dimexidum".Stacked in six layers of gauze impregnated with 50% of the drug solution, applied for two hours to the inflamed area, capturing part of the healthy skin around it.Applications carried out twice a day.
- «enteroseptol".tablets pounded into a powder used for powders - twice a day on clean and dry skin.
- «Furatsilin".Dressings with a solution applied to the place of inflammation of the skin as a compress, stand three hours.The procedure is performed in the morning and before bedtime.
- «Aerosol oksitsiklozolya".Twice a day the drug treated skin inflammation place.
This group of drugs administered in addition to antibiotic therapy to relief of manifestations related skin inflammation (fever, pain, etc.), And counter infiltration.In the therapeutic treatment of medication used NSAIDs such as:
- «Reopirin" and others.
Chemotherapy in severe forms
disease In complicated cases, the skin treatment of inflammation complement sulfonamides inhibiting the growth and reproduction of bacteria, glucocorticoids (steroid hormones), immunomodulatory drugs, nitrofurans, multivitamin preparations of the thymus,proteolytic enzymes:
- «Ascorbic acid";
The purpose of this type of care for patients with erysipelas - eliminate concomitant inflammation of the skin manifestations (swelling, pain, allergic reaction), improve blood circulation, activate the lymph flow:
- investment ultraviolet (UVR) inflammation site.Course consisting of two to twelve sessions assigned to the first days of treatment of inflammation, combined with antibiotic treatment.
- Magnetic Therapy.Irradiation with waves of high frequency field stimulates the adrenal steroid hormones, reduces swelling, relieves pain, reduces allergic reactions.Appointed at the beginning of comprehensive treatment, including no more than seven procedures.
- Electrophoresis.It includes seven to ten treatments, appointed a week after the start of treatment, reduces infiltration into sites of inflammation.
- UHF - course (five to ten sessions) aimed at warming tissues, improving their blood supply.Appointed a week after the start of treatment.
- laser treatment is applied at the healing phase.Infrared radiation formed heals ulcers, improves blood circulation and nutrition of tissues, eliminates puffiness, activates protective processes.
- paraffin treatment is carried out in the form of local applications.Appointed for the fifth-seventh day since the beginning of the disease, promotes better nutrition of tissues, eliminating residual effects.
This type of treatment is shown at the faces of its forms and purulent necrotic complications, occurrence of abscesses, abscesses.Surgery is carried out in several stages:
- autopsy abscess;
- emptying its contents;
Folk remedies for the treatment at home
Treatment of erysipelas legs and other body parts is only effective with the use of antibacterial medicines, and before the discovery of antibiotics with him fought conspiracies and traditional medicines.Some are really effective, help to cure erysipelas, as have antiseptic effect, reduce inflammation:
- decoction of chamomile and mother and stepmother (1: 1) wash the sore place.It is prepared from a mixture of spoons and cups of boiling water, heated on a steam bath, insist 10 minutes.
- Lubricate the damaged skin with a mixture of rosehip oil and the juice of Kalanchoe.The means used in the healing stage when the skin starts to peel off.
- face and other skin conditions on the face and genitals are treated broth calendula or series.
- Lubricate cream made from natural sour cream and fresh mashed leaves of burdock (morning and evening).
- make lotions with alcohol tincture of eucalyptus (two or three times a day).
Possible complications and consequences
disease is dangerous not only possible relapses and repeated inflammations.At untimely treatment of the infection is able to spread to the internal organs, cause sepsis, have consequences like:
- trophic ulcer;
- skin necrosis.
Video: What is erysipelas skin inflammation
Want to learn about the mechanism of occurrence and development of acute inflammation of the skin erysipelas?Look below the plot program "Doctor and ...."For example, the case of life leading consider the possible causes of the disease, methods of treatment (medication, physical therapy), complications, recurrences.The situation is commented doctors: dermatologist, phlebologist, infectious diseases.